Monday, January 22, 2018
[Read all...]
spacer
Customer Appreciation
*** "I like the program more and more as I learn the features. Now that I have a decent grasp of how to use the program, I will use it every day. The ..."

*** "mTrax is phenomenally great. I’ll always be able to find ways to improve it. But it has made learning new songs so much easier. Thank you for that. ..."

*** "I heard about mTrax while researching similar software on CNet.com.  I'll usually try a freeware version before buying, and yours was the ..."

*** "mTrax has been a help in slowing complicated parts down to hear better. It's loop feature that sequentially speeds up is great for disciplined ..."

*** "I really love this program and my playing has really improved since I started using it."

[Read all...]

Feature Poll
What Is Your Favorite mTrax Feature? [Hover options for more detail]

Instrument Poll
What is your favorite musical Instrument?

Thread: mTrax Questions, Requests and Suggestions / Converting Apple copy protected m4p files: some options.

Converting Apple copy protected m4p files: some options.

Hello,

I have been asked a few times if mTrax supported Apple copy protected m4p files; as of mTrax version 2.5.3.0, mTrax does not support m4p files (not to be confused with mp4 audio files, which are supported).
If you have m4p files on your computer and want to use them in mTrax, you will have to convert them to one of the supported formats like mp3.

There are many ways to convert these m4p files and many places on the web that describe various options.

One option is to burn them to CD and re-import then as mp3 for example.
Another option is to use an m4p converted software. There are many such software available on the web, a Google search will list quite a few of them.

One mTrax user suggested this link: http://www.m4p-mp3.com/?gclid=CIuWiquHjpQCFQKfnAodPhIoWA.  He seemed very happy  with the results. This software costs about $25.
If you have tried other options and are happy with them, please let us know!

Of course, you could always decide to buy your music from such sites as http://www.mp3panda.com/. Your downloads will be fornatted as MP3s there, no copy protection. 
If  you know of other reputable music download sites that do not use copy protection, please let us know on this thread!

Thanks!

-- 12/10/2009 5:16:17 PM: post edited by centralscrutinizer.

Login

spacer