Monday, January 22, 2018
[Read all...]
spacer
Customer Appreciation
*** "mTrax is phenomenally great. I’ll always be able to find ways to improve it. But it has made learning new songs so much easier. Thank you for that. ..."

*** "I really like mTrax! It really helps me use my practice time efficiently. Congrats on a great application"

*** "I love the product !"

*** "Hey Great Software!"

*** "I especially like tackling the hard solos because you can readily hear the improvement in speed and ability and adjust mTrax to "push" ..."

[Read all...]

Feature Poll
What Is Your Favorite mTrax Feature? [Hover options for more detail]

Instrument Poll
What is your favorite musical Instrument?

Thread: mTrax Questions, Requests and Suggestions / Separating individual instruments

Separating individual instruments
I think mTrax is amongst the top 3 programmes I have ever installed on my computer. I have learned loads by slowing individual songs and tunes. I would love to be able to isolate individual instruments within a song. Also if a guitar has "chorus" added in the mastermix is there any way of reducing this or eliminating it altogether. Slowing down a song with "chorus" or "reverb" can reduce the clarity of the sound.

Re: Separating individual instruments

Thank you !

Separating individual instruments on a mono or stereo track can be challenging, and removing audio effects even more so. Because all the instruments are mastered onto one (mono) or 2 (stereo) tracks, the only way to make an instrument stand out or quiet down the other ones is to adjust the different frequencies with the EQ control. This is what can be done with mTrax as well as most other audio players.

With mTrax, however,  your EQ settings are always saved at the track AND section level.

That said, we are always looking for new and better ways to improve mTrax  and as soon as a better way or algorithm to isolate an instrument comes along, we’ll be sure to include it in mTrax!

Thank you again for your kind words and support.

Login

spacer