Monday, October 22, 2018
[Read all...]
spacer
Customer Appreciation
*** "Thanks to your excellent mTrax software I can slow down the music to a speed that I can keep up with, as I learn the piece. I would like to say thank ..."

*** "Wow, does this work great! I love the new Slice feature – it works flawlessly… 10x faster than the previous method – in one quick listen through ..."

*** "This is a great product, and seems very easy to learn.
I’ve only used the trial version for about twenty minutes and am delighted  with the ..."

*** "I love the features of your product, bloody marvelous to be able to define sections and to save all the various settings per section!"

*** "Nice work! The Virtual Track Slicer is so fast, that I now define a section for even repeated sections, like “Verse 2” and “Chorus 2”, which allows ..."

[Read all...]

Feature Poll
What Is Your Favorite mTrax Feature? [Hover options for more detail]

Instrument Poll
What is your favorite musical Instrument?

Thread: mTrax Questions, Requests and Suggestions / Backup and Printing

Backup and Printing

When doing a backup of my HDD, what would i backup to save all my "Section" settings? Also, is there any type of "Print" funciton to Print out my Practice lists?

thanks,

Re: Backup and Printing

Hello Dan,

• Backup: your sections, the songs they belong to, and all of your settings are saved in a file called "mTrax.sdf" located in your Document folder ( C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\TerraSofta\mTrax\_AppData on Vista).
  • Printing Function: there is no printing function to print your practice list at this time in mTrax. But it would be a nice feature! I'll go ahead and add it to the list of upcoming features. If you can, please let know more about how you would use the printed list; for example, would you use it as a gig sheet? Also, what the printout should look like, layout, information etc. I'll take your suggestions into consideration during the feature implementation.

Thank you!

If I may pitch in:

I would love to see a printout that would tell me how much time, how many repetitions and at what tempo I spent on any given song or section.  A .csv export option would maybe alleviate the need to develop special print formatting etc, you could leave that to the user.

Also, I would like it better if I could rearrange the order of the headers and have them stick.

Also on the headers, I wish I could make them half as tall and have it stick.

Or, how about:  When you're listening to a song and you add a section, it starts that new section somewhere near where you were listening instead of starting at the beginning?

Just small suggestions.

I use this excellent program every day.

Thanks stratocat,

I really appreaciate your comments and suggestions. I have added your suggestions to the list of new features to be considered.
You may see this:
"Or, how about:  When you're listening to a song and you add a section, it starts that new section somewhere near where you were listening instead of starting at the beginning?"
In the next release!

I just saw the feature list for the new release.  Those look like great interface improvements.  Can't wait to try them out...

Thanks!

Testing of release 2.7.0.0 is almost complete.  I am sure you noticed that some of your suggestions (http://www.terrasofta.com/ShowThread.aspx?ID=123) are part of release 2.7.0.0 enhancements.

Another enhancement needs to be added to the release history, thanks to Brent from San Diego, CA;
Right now it is sometimes difficult to edit the cells on a row when the audio is playing in Repeat Auto Play mode because as soon as the loop ends and the section plays again, you get kicked out of your editing, even if you were not finished with it. One workaround is to stop the audio while editing Trax Explorer rows. In release 2.7.0.0, you will not be kicked out of cell editing when the audio is playing and the section (or track) loops back.

And that bug on startup, "There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file etc", I believe it is history now!

-- 5/12/2009 6:57:20 AM: post edited by centralscrutinizer.

Originally posted by centralscrutinizer

Hello Dan,

• Backup: your sections, the songs they belong to, and all of your settings are saved in a file called "mTrax.sdf" located in your Document folder ( C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\TerraSofta\mTrax\_AppData on Vista).
  • Printing Function: there is no printing function to print your practice list at this time in mTrax. But it would be a nice feature! I'll go ahead and add it to the list of upcoming features. If you can, please let know more about how you would use the printed list; for example, would you use it as a gig sheet? Also, what the printout should look like, layout, information etc. I'll take your suggestions into consideration during the feature implementation.

Thank you!

Hello, i would be using it for a gig/ practice sheet. Also, how would i update my version to include the print function?

thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan,

Just download mTrax (the install program) and install mTrax again over your existing installation. You will then have the new version on your computer while still retaining your previous sections and other settings.

Thread Closed This thread has been closed
Login

spacer